Shepherd Gallery has mounted exhibitions since 1966 concerning the development of the European academic tradition from 1780 until 1920, defining the stylistic changes within each decade of the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. The gallery and has produced over 100 catalogs on this subject as well as special exhibitions concerning the ongoing interrelationship between the fine arts and literature and music. In 1998, after more than 30 years in a townhouse on 84th Street, we moved to our current space of 58 East 79th Street, establishing an affiliation with the Patrick Derom Gallery of Brussels, under the name Shepherd & Derom Galleries.
In January of 2013, Shepherd Gallery formed a newaffiliation with the Viennese Gallery, Wienerroither Kohlbacher, under the name Shepherd W & K Galleries.
Many of the world's major museums and private collections have acquired works of art through these exhibitions and catalogs. Shepherd Gallery has exhibited in fields of 19th century art that were generally thought unfashionable at the time of exhibition, therefore putting our clients on the ground floor of the art market. We strive to continue to make discoveries and broaden our collector's horizons. As we enter the new century, many artistic developments of the past two centuries throughout the western world remain uncharted.
Shepherd/W & K Galleries - 58 East 79th Street - New York, NY 10075 - Tel: 212-861-4050 - Fax: 212-772-1314